The moment you’ve been waiting for: #FridayReleasePicks:
1. @duskusofficial — In Retrospect — Electronic/indie mashup. Very chill. RIYL James Blake and Bon Iver. Sounds like: taking a nap on a cloud.
2. @devonwelsh * — True Love — Sort of a futuristic Smiths sound. Sounds like: it could be played on Stranger Things.
3. @tentsband — Medicine — The type of indie pop that is probably going to blow up soon and be on all the festival lineups and everyone will say “I liked them before they were big.” Sounds like: indie optimism.
4. @nexttowndown — Juliet — A R&B band for a new generation. The kind of thing you want played at a school dance in middle school even though it is decidedly more sexual sounding than any middle schooler needs/can relate to. Sounds like: if Boyz II Men got a millennial makeover.
5. @mypizzagirl — first timer — A 90s underground throwback. Makes me want to dance. Sounds like: something you’d see the cool kids in a 90s movie dancing to.
*Bonus: Devon is a lost-touch-with friend. If you go check out his stuff, let him know the girl from Hamilton College sent you. He might know what it means.
This list is created by listening to all the releases listed on Consequence. If you have an upcoming release that you’d like to be considered for a future list, please fill out the "New Artist Submission" form on our site with the above information as well as a link to listen.
Please note: submission does not guarantee inclusion.
All band descriptions and genres come from their own words on either Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, social media, or their website.