Friday Release Picks (10/4/19)
Back to regularly scheduled programming: #FridayReleasePicks:
1. @CousinKula — STROODLES — Groovy psych-pop. The type of band you expect to start popping up on festival line ups. Sounds like: if a jazz musician got inspired by Foster the People.
2. @Friendship_tm — Dreamin’ — I’m a fan of indie. I’m a fan of country. This is where they meet. Sounds like: Reading the letters in your desk after you get murdered in the city.
3. @GraduationSpeechNJ — Maintenance Required — A return to early pop-punk/emo. Sounds like: wanting to get out of this town.
4. @ivorywaveuk — Dream Nights EP — I saw a video the other day about how Britpop was dead. Well, someone forgot to tell Ivory Wave. A welcome return to the sound of some of your favorite 90s bands. Sounds like: a song that could easily be on the soundtrack to that Amanda Bynes movie where her father was Colin Firth and she got to be cool in England if it was remade as an indie movie instead of a major motion picture.
5. @LucyDacus — 2019 — Beautiful vocals. She’s opening for Lana Del Rey right now. The husband said it sounds like Florence + the Machine but slower. Sounds like: the next powerhouse female singer who’s going to get big after having her music used in an indie movie.
This list is created by listening to all the releases listed on Consequence. If you have an upcoming release that you’d like to be considered for a future list, please fill out the "New Artist Submission" form on our site with the above information as well as a link to listen.
Please note: submission does not guarantee inclusion.
All band descriptions and genres come from their own words on either Spotify, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, social media, or their website.